Tuesday, September 14, 2010

That's Fair

FYI: For those of you who care
(which should be just about all of you, but is probably only me and google)
This is my


700th Blog Post

*she curtsies, smiles, waves your admiring gestures away*
"Oh, it's nothing really..."


Now, back to the post and this cute little gal:
Growing up, I attended the LARGEST BESTEST State Fair ever in the whole entire world, just about every year of my life. So when I moved away from that place where everything is bigger and better, the thought of going to a lesser state fair, well...that just wasn't even a thought at all. Then last year, my kids and I watched an Oprah where she attended the above mentioned state fair and my kids wanted to go so bad. I realized that by being the state fair snob that I am, I was depriving my children of some fantastic experiences and memories. So yesterday after the kids got home from school, Steve and I loaded them into the swagger waggon and headed for the fair. We had a BLAST! I learned that I am way too old for really fast, spinning rides. Which unfortunately describe just about all the rides at the fair. Addy and I stuck mostly to the slower, less spinning rides. I was glad to have her as my ridding partner. Except for that one time, when we were on the spinning dragons, and she kept turning the wheel to make us go around faster and faster...






1 comment:

Eva Aurora said...

How fun. I have not taken our kids to a state fair yet. I have been too lazy/afraid/cheap/selfish. You have inspired me.