
Last Thursday, May 26th, was a very fantastically fun filled exhausting kinda day. It started for me at 6 AM. I was already tired from planting this garden the day before and not finishing until dark. Then I woke up to find my hard work
destroyed. The girls and I worked on it Thursday morning up until we could work no more because they simply had to go in and get ready for school. We got the garden fixed and this is how it looks now that it has been white trashed up. After that I spent the next hour and a half running around like crazy trying to get ready for the rest of the day.
That morning was Aubrey's 2nd Grade Program. Addy and I went to the school to watch it. Aubrey did a fabulous job.

After the program the kids went out to recess and invited the parents too. How could we turn down that offer? Addy and I went out to recess with Aubrey and her friends.


We went straight from the school to the park across the street. Emily, along with all of the other 5th graders were walking over to the park for a picnic and games. On the way to the park they were cleaning up trash, just in case you were wondering about the gloves.

Addy had fun playing unsupervised at the park while I was in charge of a game.

There were 4 different game stations. Like I said, I was in charge of one of them. I was planning on doing a water game, but it was too cold so I had to come up with something on the fly. I found this fantastic website with games. It gives you all these options you can select to narrow the games down. I was able to select no cost or supplies, the age group, that it was for outside and how long I wanted it to last. I found some really fun games that we played. You must check it out! Click
here. CLICK IT, I say!

The kids really had fun playing this
finger grab game.

By the time the park thing was over, it was less than an hour before school was out. I was so tired, I just wanted to go home and sit down. And I did not want to have to get up again to go pick the girls up. So I checked them both out of school early. They were so excited. We came home and watched the American Idol from the night before. After our little rest, we ate dinner and then got ready to head out to the girls soccer games. Emily's was first. She played an excellent game as usual.

Then we made a mad dash for Aubrey's game. She also played a fantastic game.

By the time we got home that night, we were all exhausted. But there was someone even more tired than us. Poor Steve. Last week was a hard one for him. He worked long hours all week. On Wednesday morning he left for work, worked all day AND all night long. He got home around 8:00 Thursday morning, just as the girls and I were finishing up the garden repair. He slept for about 3 hours then headed back to work. He thought he was gonna have to pull another all nighter, but was able to make it home around 11:00 Thursday night. Here's to a crazy Thursday!
No comments:
Post a Comment