Monday, April 23, 2012

The Night I Went Belly Dancing

OK, so I just got home from belly dancing. 
What?  Yeah, you heard me right. 

B-E-L-L-Y-D-A-N-C-I-N-G 

You gotta problem with that?  I don't blame you if you do.  Dancing is not something my belly should be doing.  However, it does it almost any time I move.  My friend Alicia turns a special age this week, and for this special birthday, she wanted to take a belly dancing class.  With all her friends.  Dang it.  I tried coming up with all sorts of excuses of why I couldn't possibly go, but she stood her ground and wouldn't let me tell he no.  So I went.  Belly dancing.  How many times do you think I can say that in this one post?  Belly dancing.  Belly dancing.  Belly dancing.  We had SO MUCH FUN!  I love this neighborhood I live in and I love all these girls that live in it with me.  Thanks Alicia for shoving us all out of our comfort zones and making us enjoy your birthday with you.

As a side note, Alicia and I have a special bond that goes back several generations and across state lines.  Click here for the whole scoop on that story.

The funny thing is, before the class started I said this was the one and only time I would ever go belly dancing.  Now I'm not so sure....

No comments: