Friday, June 21, 2013

Flashback/Flashforward Friday - Rynearson

Flashback: April 2008
Above: Our friend Greg Rynearson, working on the electrical in our new house.
Below: Taking a lunch break in Addy's room.  Addy's room was always the dining room during construction.

Flashforward: June 2013
Greg, Marci, Skip and Jeff Rynearson

The Rynearson's were in our ward when we lived in our old house.  I guess technically they are still in that ward, we are not.  Greg and his sons did all the electrical work in our house.  Skip and Jeff were Steve's scouts and I used to be Jeff's Sunday School teacher.  He just left a few weeks ago to serve a Mission in Ft. Worth Texas, practically my home town.  So if anyone in Texas sees this kid in the red shirt in a few weeks, riding a bike and wearing a white shirt and tie, stop him and say hi!  We had their family over for dinner before Jeff left for the MTC.

Our kitchen is really bright at that time of day.  They should have seen what it was like before we had curtains.


I'm not sure, but I think Skip and Steve are about to hold hands in this picture.

The Saturday before they came for dinner we were able to go to Jeff's farewell party.

Look who I found there.  Can you believe I used to teach this return missionary when he was a Sunbeam? (Sunbeams is a church class for 3 year olds)  I'm pretty sure I was taller than John when he was in my class.  I think.  Either I am abnormally short, or he is abnormally tall.  Or maybe a little bit of both.

We enjoyed spending time with the Rynearson family and we wish Jeff all the luck on his mission in my home state!  He is getting baptized by fire by going there in the middle of summer.  Hint: Keep cool by eating lots of Blue Bell Ice Cream!


No comments: