Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Bump, Set, Spike

Our girls started a new school  this year.  So far we love everything about it.  Great teachers, awesome curriculum and values, standards and beliefs that we embrace.  One of my children, who shall not be named, was not very keen  on switching schools.  But I think she has come to learn that being a big fish in a little pond has its perks.

Emily tried out for the school volleyball team and she made it!  They had their first two games last Wednesday. I was not able to be there because Zac had a Court of Honor that night and I went to that with him while Steve went to Emily's game (we are finding ourselves having to divide and conquer more and more often these days).  She had two more games last night and we were all able to go to her first game before Zac and Steve had to leave to attend an event at Zac's school.  I was so proud of Emily.  She did a great job and she has a pretty awesome serve.  I lost count but I think during one run she got 7 or 8 serves in a row across.


Between games we enjoyed a picnic dinner (We had a hot dinner that I had made earlier that day.  Want to find out how?  Click here.  I love this and we use it all the time).  Steve's employee Jose Luis ate with us and helped cheer Emily on during her first game.  When the boys had to leave, my mom and Lauren came to cheer her on during her second game.



No comments: