Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Sky Is Falling


So I have been wanting some nice lounge chairs to put on the deck that is off of our bedroom. My dear sweet husband bought me some very comfy ergonomic chairs to put out there the other day. We hadn't tried them out yet so when we got home from church on Sunday we thought we would give them a try. However, at that time of day our deck was in full sun. So we took them out front and put them under a tree. The kids took a blanket out and they were reading books and Steve and I were thoroughly enjoying our new chairs. Then all of a sudden I felt this big splash on my arm. I thought maybe Addison had spit up on me, so I looked. It wasn't Addison. It was big nasty bird poop. I started screaming and gave Addison to Steve and held my fist up to the tree cursing the bird who offered such an offense. I went inside to clean up and change shirts. On my way back out I was met by Steve who had just been pooped on himself. Once again not by the dear sweet baby in his arms (we call her the princess of poop and the queen of spitting up) but by our new friend living in our tree. He got cleaned up and went back outside and yes, ladies and gentlemen, he got pooped on once again. So we took our chairs inside, put them in the living room and watched a movie. And we didn't get pooped on the whole rest of the day....

7 comments:

Unknown said...

That is funny! I got pooped on once while having a romantic walk on the river walk in San Antonio. Talk about taking the romance right out of that.

Unknown said...

Pooped on by a bird that is.

Anonymous said...

yuck! That has got to be one the most disgusting things you can have happen to you. I would have cried.

Anonymous said...

you should post a picture of your new chairs

Allyson said...

I will take a pic of the chairs. They are so comfortable. I fell asleep during the movie in it and I was totally dead to the world. The kids were playing all around me, Addison woke up and was in the room too and I had no idea. I woke up at the end of the movie thinkin what the heck happened. I was either really tired or the chair was really comfortable, or both.

Anonymous said...

Ally I think you could fall asleep on anything as long as a movie is playing-it's the sitting still for more that 5 minutes that put you to sleep.

Allyson said...

I know. I was watching Oprah this morning whilst I was feeding Addison and they were talking about people who can fall asleep as soon as their head hits the pillow and they said they are sleep deprived. I'm like yep, thats me.