Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Deep In The Heart

I was listening to Aubrey's sweet little voice the other night when I was putting her in bed. She has a cute little way of pronouncing her R's. As I was listening to her talk, I realized I had done a disservice to my children by not teaching them how to speak properly. So I decided to do a little something about it. The ensuing conversation went a little something like this:

Me: Aubrey, say whatchalldoin'

Aubrey: What are you all doing

Me: No, say whatchalldoin'

Aubrey: Whatcha are you all doing

Me: Try again. Whatchalldoin'

Aubrey: Whatcha y'all are you doing

Me: Whatchalldoin'

Aubrey: Whatcha are y'all doin'

Me: Whatchalldoin'

Aubrey: Whatchalldoin'

Me: HOORAY! YOU DID IT!!!!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Niiiice.

Ashley said...

My oldest has a hard time with R's. I wasn't too worried about it until I noticed my number two girl is starting to say her R's the same way. I guess she does hear her sister speak the most.

knjfabela said...

That video made me miss home! I can't till this summer to visit!

Anonymous said...

you crazy