Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Gathering




When we were in St. Louis for Christmas, the whole family went to Steve's mothers grave. She passed away in 1990 from cancer. I never met her, but I know she is a wonderful woman because she left behind a great legacy. It was a special moment to have everyone gathered there together to pay tribute to her memory.


After visiting Myrle's grave, we drove around the cemetery for a while. I love cemeteries and this cemetery is beautiful. It is a National Cemetery and it is HUGE. All the headstones are alike an it is an awesome sight to behold. They go on for miles and miles and miles. It is a very historic place and there are soldiers buried there from the Civil War and every war since. For some fascinating facts about this cemetery you can click here.











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was crazy because it was about 1,000 yards long Meagen said. (My cousin.)