Friday, July 31, 2009

Just Jammin'

My mother's neighbor gave us both an enormous amount of apricots. And what do you do when you live in Utah and have an enormous amount of apricots? Why, you make apricot jam, of course. Duh! I have only made jam one other time. That is when my dear friend Betsy came over and helped me. On Monday my mom said she was going to make jam and wanted to know if I wanted to come join her. My answer: NO! On Tuesday she asked again and my answer: NO! But then I started thinking about it. And I started thinking about the enormous amount of apricots in my fridge. So I loaded up the children. And the apricots. And made my way to her house. OK. We had the BEST time making jam! And my girls, all my girls, loved it too. In fact, we decided that apricot jam just wasn't enough. So I quickly ran to the store and bought a whole bunch load of strawberries and more pectin and jars. By the end of the day we had 3 very messy girls, one very destroyed kitchen, and 70 jars of homemade jam!



4 comments:

Clinesville said...

How fun!!!! I can say that cause I've never actually canned anything.

You should go to Gordon's great uncles fruit stand in Clearfield. He's got the best fruit and veggies!

John & Britta said...

Fun! I love how even Addison got in on the chopping.

diana said...

Oh my, now that's ALOT of jam.

Unknown said...

That looks like fun. I wish I could be there to do it with you!

Coren we should can sometime.