Sunday, July 12, 2009

Vacation - Temple Square & The Pie

We had a very long but very fun day on Friday. We rode the train downtown to Temple Square we left the house before 9:30 AM and returned after 10:00 PM.

The kids were able to participate in a "Stepping Into Art" program at the Church History Museum


Addy had fun playing in the "I Am A Child of God" exhibit

Reagan and Aubrey
(everywhere we went everyone commented on all the kids wearing their camel backs)

Asher, Aubrey and Reagan

Asher, Spencer, Emily, Reagan, Addy and Aubrey
Spencer, Zac and Emily looking at the Capitol from the observation deck on the Church Office Building
Asher, Mike, Sheila, Reagan and Spencer
Zac, Emily, Steve, Aubrey, Allyson and Addy
All the kids at the Beehive House
The Conference Center
We rode Tracks up to the U and went to the Pie for dinner. Mmm, mmm. You know what I had. And I had it for a bedtime snack that night, and for lunch the next day, thank you very much. Oh, and thank you, Mr. Pizza delivery man. For making sure to include the light fixture and cut off the heads of the children in the picture.
My kids have never been to the original Pie. They thought the underground, grungy, college hangout atmosphere was awesome.
The kids did their fair share of decorating the joint.

This is a good thing to teach a 2 year old. Here honey, take this sharpie marker and draw all over the walls. We couldn't pull her away.
I even got in on the action.




Like I said, it was a very LONG but very FUN day.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love seeing all the pictures and I am glad you found The Pie okay.

Where did you get the kids camelbacks? I have been looking for one for Gabe.

Clinesville said...

Looks like we had the same holiday!

Clinesville said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Allyson said...

We did have the same holiday!

Mike got the camelbacks from his work.

The fab 5-Mike and Sheila said...

I LOVE Temple square! The train was awsome and I was sooooo excited to get to go to the pie again. It had been 17yrs and it was just as I remembered it. Ahhhhh the trip down memory lane.