Saturday, September 11, 2010

Remembering...

I woke up this morning remembering what it was like waking up 9 years ago on this day. I woke Zac up, took him to the kitchen so he could eat breakfast and get ready to go to Pre-School. I turned on the little TV that was sitting on my kitchen counter. The first plane had already hit the first tower. I went into my bedroom and turned on the TV and told Steve he needed to wake up and watch this. I went back in the kitchen with Zac. I watched with the rest of the world as the second plane hit the second tower. I remember what it felt like in our country that day. I remember what it felt like in the days that followed. I remember how we came together as Americans. I wish we could do that again. Without a tragedy this time.

We talked to the kids this morning and explained to them why this day is a special day in our country. We went to a nearby Botanical Center where we heard tale of a 9/11 Memorial that was built to honor the Utahan's who lost their lives on 9/11/01. We couldn't find the Memorial anywhere, but it was a beautiful place to be.




On a completely separate note, look how they trained this fruit tree to grow. We plan on planting a lot of fruit trees and I LOVE this.

1 comment:

Eva Aurora said...

I remember where I was and what I was doing when those planes hit those towers. It was awful. I also wish we could come together as Americans without a tragedy like that to unite us. That was the silver in the cloud.

It's also my brother's birthday. A good day and a bad day.