Saturday, May 26, 2012

Everything You Knead To Know About Dough

My brother Sam and his wife Teresa, who is with child, came down from Idaho to spend Memorial Day Weekend with us.  We had them and my mom and Lauren over for dinner tonight and a MIB marathon.  We watched the first two Men In Black movies tonight because we are going to see the third one tomorrow.      I don't think I have ever seen the second one.  I don't know why I watched it tonight.  It was one of the worst movies I have ever seen.  I got up and went to the other room to clean for the last 15 minutes of the movie because I could stand it no more.  When it was over everyone was getting ready to leave me and Steve was exhausted and couldn't stay awake.  I tried to get people to not leave because I still had an hour before I had to go pick Emily up from a late over at her friends house.  I asked them what I was going to do to stay awake if they left me and Teresa said I should blog because I haven't in a long time.  This is true.  So here I am.

On Wednesday, two days ago, we had a little neighborhood baking day.  Tish and Trish and my sister Lauren and I all went over to April and Veronica's house and Trish gave us all a lesson on making bread and cinnamon rolls.  We made them from scratch and even ground our own wheat!  Did you hear me?  We ground our own wheat!

(Please note my new haircut.  I woke up that day and thought I might literally go insane if I had to go one more minute with my hair the way it was.  So I picked up the scissors and started hacking away at it.)

 Trish, the expert, showing us how to roll the cinnamon rolls
 April
 Lauren
 Me.  We had to take these pictures just to show that Trish didn't do all the work.  
She did most of the work, but we did help.  A little.
 We ended up with four gorgeous pans like this.  
And four beautiful loaves of bread.  We each took our bread home to cook in our own oven so our house could smell yummy.  It all turned out fabulously delicious.  My kids were so excited to come home from school to these cinnamon rolls.  Thanks again Tricia for sharing your expertise with us!

1 comment:

Kami said...

I think we need Trish's recipe!