Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Our Kentucky Derby

Last Saturday, May 6th, we were able to go to our friends the Heberling's house for their annual Kentucky Derby Party.  We had such a good time.  Selina  made authentic Kentucky Hot Brown Sandwiches and virgin mint juleps.  We all chose our horses for the race.  Zac was the only one to choose the horse "I'll Have Another" and he won!

Never too old to sit on their mommas laps

Checking out the ducks in the new duck pond

We had a shooting match.  Everyone was randomly paired up.  
Zac and Em were the first to try and hit their targets.

I don't have a picture of it but Steve and I were randomly chosen as shooting partners.

Aubrey and Chiler were paired up

 And Addy and Tricia

 And the winner is....TRICIA!!!  
She won 10 bucks with her mad skills and her Mother's Day present (her gun).

The kids played on the zipline. 
 Going down it the regular way wasn't exciting enough I guess so the went upside down.


Addy preferred the swing on the zipline.

That is until it had a rather unfortunate meeting with her forehead.
She came over to me crying with an all too familiar sight of blood running down her face.  Tricia was quick to spring into action and get a butterfly bandage and she showed us how to get it on just right.  You can tell  she is the mother of a house full of boys.  Then, because Addy was so brave, Tricia gave her the $10 she won in the shooting contest.  Addy was so happy to add that whopping amount to her little stash she is saving.  After she was all fixed up Addy was talking to Lance and she started her sentence off by saying, "Every time I go to the hospital..." which caused great laughter from everyone.  Oh that poor girl!  Later that day, Emily did say that the next time she gets hurt she wants Tricia to be around.  I thought, me too!  She knew just what to do and kept us all calm.  Emily's line of thinking wasn't the same as mine however.  She wants Tricia around for the cold hard cash.

Thank you Mike and Selina for a fun day!

1 comment:

emilylynnes said...

addy has beautiful eyes in that pic