Saturday, August 11, 2012

Reese's Pieces Day 5 - Thursday, July 26, 2012

Kristy and I took the kids downtown to Discovery Gateway.  I don't know what I was thinking when I broke my no driving downtown rule.  It just reinforced the fact to me that I should not be driving downtown and I need to take the light rail next time.  At least this time I remembered that I had a luggage carrier atop my van and didn't drive into a parking garage and get stuck.  Yeah, you laugh, but it still isn't funny.  The kids had a blast and we stayed there for hours.
















We were starving by the time we left Discovery Gateway and we headed over to the food court for some nourishment.  There weren't very many open tables and the one we sat at (right over in front of the windows, you can see the 3 youngest kids) didn't have enough room for all of us.  So the girls sat at their own table (the one that is empty between us and them was occupied when we got there).  We kept a close eye on them.  At one point a homeless looking man and lady walked by and the lady stopped and I could hear her say, "Hey girls, where's your mommy?"  And then the man started talking to them and was calling them cuties.  I think the girls told them where we were and they walked on, but it was a little more than creepy, I'm just sayin'.




No comments: