On Friday we took the kids to the dollar movie to see Chimpanzee. Then we went to the craft store to buy shirts and paint so that we could make splatter paint shirts. Kristy and I have fond memories of the '80s of splatter painting in our backyard with our mom. We pretty much splatter painted everything back then. The kids had a fabulous time doing it. Just a few weeks before I had made some splatter paint art for Aubrey's room and I did it without making a mess or getting any on me. So I didn't think to have anyone change clothes. Especially myself. I failed to realize what would happen when you give 6 kids a paint brush and have them start flinging paint around. I now have a brand new pair of splatter painted white shorts (I knew I shouldn't have bought those, what kind of mom can actually wear white shorts and have them stay white?) Somehow the splatter paint is much cuter on the kids than it is on me.
Addy
Tia
Aubrey
Emily
Owen
Baron
The finished project
That night my mom and Lauren and Granny Snow came over for dinner.
After dinner Addy was trying to prove to Baron that she was taller than him.
"See Baron, I'm this much taller!"
The girls had set up a spa on the deck. I had the hand and foot massage and it was quite lovely.
In fact, maybe I should suggest setting up another spa today.
Emily asked Kristy how she wanted her makeup done and to her enjoyment Kristy answered, "Do whatever you want." Emily's face lit up and she got a bit of and evil smirk on her face. Kristy looked quite charming with one blue eye and one purple eye.



No comments:
Post a Comment