Thursday, March 29, 2007
Undone
I have a question for all of you stay at home mom's. All three of you who are the only one's who will be reading this anyway. Do you ever get tired of feeling like you never accomplish anything? Now don't get all,"you're doing the most important job", or "your raising the next generation", 'cause that's not what I mean. Let me start off by first saying that I LOVE being a stay at home mom. I would NOT trade it for anything. I would HATE to have to leave my kids and go to a job somewhere. And I am EXTREMELY grateful for my DEAR (and ever so loving) husband who works so very hard so that I can be a stay at home mom. It's just that I feel like everything I spend all day doing just gets undone constantly. There isn't anything that I do that just stays done. I bathe the kids. That is just going to have to be done again tomorrow. I clean the kitchen, that lasts about 5 minutes. I do the laundry. There are 6 of us wearing clothes so even if I get everything washed there are still six complete outfits that are just waiting to hit the bottom of my empty laundry hamper. I clean the bathrooms, doesn't last. Sweep, mop, dust, vacuum. You name it, I do it and then I turn around after doing all day and guess what??? It is all undone. I feel like I am constantly fighting a losing battle. If there was just one thing in my life that I could do that would just stay done and I never had to go back and do it again, that would just be really nice. I know I shouldn't complain. I have a good life. Ok, I have a near perfect life. I should be grateful that I have a kitchen to clean and a working toilet to clean and clothes to wash and kids that are healthy enough to make a mess. Now I feel really bad for complaining. Anyway, I was just wondering if I am the only one who feels this way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Farrah and I talked about this very same subject last night and I don't think you should feel bad for feeling this way. It is the story of my life and I am afraid it will never end.
That is why I don't do jack! What's the point? I sit around all day in my pajamas in a messy house with dirty kids who eat whatever they can find off the floor.
I blew up the other day and this is what it was about! I was tired of always doing what everyone else was going to undo. After yelling to Scott about it I felt much better-you should try yelling about it-even if it is while you are all alone! Then put on some good music and dance,that always makes me feel better. Seriously!
Post a Comment