Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Deep In The Heart - Day 2

Monday, December 27, 2010
The Mission? Take this:

And turn it into this:


Thankfully we had some good help. This is Big Lou (it's always been a mystery to me where that nickname came from). He is my dad's best friend. And he and my parents grew up together their whole lives. He was there at the church to help before any of the rest of us even showed up.

Farrah has the BEST friends. Aside from the many late and early hours they spent at her house helping her get ready for the wedding, Coren and Tonia spent this entire day doing the flowers. They turned out beautiful!


Forget Krispy Kreme. Dallas has the best Doughnuts. Just another thing to miss about Texas. They didn't even have doughnut shops in Utah until Krispy Kreme came along. Like, what's up with that? I remember when I first moved up here and I couldn't find a place to buy doughnuts. I asked someone where they bought their doughnuts and they said the grocery store. Uhmmm, nasty. Needless to say, I stopped eating doughnuts. Which really is probably a good thing.

Addy had fun helping

We found the manliest job for Steve and Big Lou to do. Hang the pom poms. Don't forget to fluff them boys!

Josh and Gabe

This is why we gave the job to Steve. Because his brain could figure out arranging them with a broom when ours couldn't.
That night Bart, Steve and Sam went out to dinner. Then they brought home more Blue Bell and we all sat around and talked. About how glad we would be when tomorrow was over. Just kidding! Kind of.

No comments: