Friday, December 31, 2010
New Years Eve

On the morning of New Years Eve, we had a few friends over for a visit. These are ladies we love and haven't seen in forever. Above we are posing with our dear friend Susie that I've known my whole life, and my mother has know for most of hers. Her daughter Sara was one of my best friends growing up.
I was also able to visit with my friend Darcy, with whom I share some seriously fun memories. We were best friends in Elementary and Jr. High.
And our friend Kristin came by. She is just like one of our sisters because she was always at our house when we were teenagers. She was also one of mine and Farrah's bridesmaids.

Because it was the day of long lost friends, Lauren went to lunch with Cloe and Hallie. They grew up across the street from us and were best of friends with Lauren.

It was also a day of baking and cooking some of the yummiest food I have ever tasted. Emily getting an early taste of the ribs Bart was smoking.

Bart and Zac getting the smoker ready. Take note of Bentley in the background. This was only minutes before he and Addy had a little run in.

And here is Little Miss Addy. I just don't know what to do with this child. If it's gonna happen to anyone, it's gonna happen to her. She has been to the ER more times than the other 5 members of our family put together. Like I said, she and Bentley had a little run in, which resulted in 9 stitches. But don't worry, this little gal didn't let it slow her down. She still partied hard for New Years Eve.

The day before, Farrah was talking about making pizza on NYE. I suggested making personal pizzas and letting everyone do their own toppings. She thought that was a great idea. Now, this is where my sister and I differ. Had I been the one in charge, we would have had Pillsbury pizza dough outta the can, spaghetti sauce, shredded part skim store brand mozzarella cheese, diced ham, pineapple, black olives, onions, tomatoes, blah, blah, blah. Farrah. That ain't the way she rolls. She is Martha Stewart in disguise. She made pizza dough. We had sun dried tomatoes and pesto sauce. Fresh sliced real mozzarella cheese, kalamata olives and a whole bunch of other fancy schmancy stuff.

Here is how my pizza turned out. And lemmetellya. It was the best dang pizza I have ever had. For REALS. I have been craving it ever since.

The kids played games

Oh yeah, baby! I have been hearing about Coren's carrot cake for years. It even has it's own facebook fan page. And it deserves it's own facebook fan page. I was finally able to have a little slice of this heaven. Who are we kidding? It was no little slice.

We played the dance game on Kinect. Sam and Teresa were able to show us their dance moves they worked on during their honeymoon. We all got a good laugh outta the white boy who thinks he can dance.

The adults played games. I can't remember what this game was called but we had fun once we PG-13nd it up.

Addy and her new best friend, Gordon

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

We came back inside from yelling our New Year well wishes and had an impromptu dance, but Coren and Gordon showed us all up.

It was a fun night. And that is the end of our trip to Dallas. The next morning we woke up, loaded the mini van one last time, and headed for the snow. It was a long 2 day drive home. And it was nice to be home. We were gone for 17 days. They were the best 17 days ever! It was epic. We had so much fun and made so many memories that will last us forever. We are so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends. We are so blessed to have been able to visit both Steve's family and my family. Thanks for all the memories, y'all!
No comments:
Post a Comment