We woke up in a hotel room in St. Louis early the morning of December 26th. We loaded ourselves up and hit the road. Jack. Destination: Dallas Texas. My hometown. Originally we were planning on going to St. Louis for Thanksgiving because, frankly, I'm sick and tired of being there in the dead of winter. Do you know how much fun it is to travel with 4 kids in the dead of winter? Coats everywhere. Boots. Potty Breaks. In and out of the dirty slushy snow of the gas station parking lot. The last few times we went to St. L, it was at Christmas. I thought if we went in November, it would be a little warmer. But then my brother Sam had to go off and get engaged and plan the wedding in Dallas 3 days after Christmas. I figured, heck, if we're doin' a road trip, we might as well do it all at once. So plans changed. Christmas in St. Louis it was.
It's about 12 hours from St. Louis to the Big D. So we drove all day long. It cost us a fortune to make it through Oklahoma. Who knew, toll road the whole dang way? That evening, the calls started coming in. Not calls of, "Allyson! We are so excited to see you and your cute little family! When will you be here?". Um, mm. No. They were more like this, "When in the heck are you going to get here so you can help us with these wedding decorations?" Feels so good to be loved. We pulled in around 9:30 pm and I was immediately put to work making silver and purple pom poms. I don't even think they let me potty first.
No comments:
Post a Comment