In May I had the opportunity to go with Emily on one of her last field trips in Elementary School. We went to This Is The Place Heritage Park to do a service project. It was a lovely experience. We woke up that morning to a day that looked like it was sure to bring rain. I wondered if they would cancel the trip since we were going to be outside staining fences. They did not cancel the field trip. When it started raining, I thought for sure they would come up with something else for us to do rather than stand out in the pouring rain and stain fences. They did not. When I say pouring rain, it really was pouring. Usually when it rains in Utah, it just drizzles and it doesn't last long at all. This was a full on rain. And it lasted a long time. The whole time we were there in fact. I was so thankful when they called it quits about an hour before we were supposed to be done. I really don't think I could have stood out in that freezing rain for one more minute. It was a wonderful growing experience.
Aubrey had an end of the year performance for 2nd Grade. She had a big dance part for which she had to go to school early one day every week for several weeks to practice. She had so much fun practicing this dance. She did a fantastic job.
The 6th graders had their annual Softball game against the teachers. Although because we live in a most ridiculous society, this year they changed it from softball to kickball so no one would get hurt. Addy and I went to watch Emily play in the game. She did a great job and got two teachers out and ran home twice.
That same day was Aubrey's field day.
Aubrey and her friends doing synchronized hand stands.
June 1st, The Last Day of School! Zac skipped his last day and stayed home and slept in.
Emily graduated from 6th grade!
Emily and her BFFs. This is such a cute group of girls.
Emily left school early after graduation so Aubrey was my only child at the School Closing Flag Ceremony. Here she is with her teacher Mrs. Jessen.
After school our neighbors had a fun School's Out party. We all went and had a blast.
That night all the kids went to various other School's Out parties. We are excited for summer!
(which I cannot believe is almost 1/3 of the way over now!)
No comments:
Post a Comment