Flashback: Summer 1988 My First EFY
Austin Texas
Flashforward: Summer 2012 Zac's First EFY
Ogden Utah
Zac has been at EFY all week. I have been so excited for him because I know how much fun he is having. EFY memories are some of my most favorite memories ever. He went with his friend Garrett to the Stay At Home EFY in Ogden. I had no idea there was such a thing as a Stay At Home EFY until I started looking into registering Zac to go. Basically it is the same program with all the same activities only they don't stay overnight at the dorms. All the kids go home late at night and come back early the next morning. And it is about 1/3 of the price of the overnight EFY.
Garrett's mom has been taking them every morning and I have been picking them up every night. I was so excited to pick them up the first night. I was looking forward to hearing all about their fantastically fabulous day. Yeah. That didn't happen. They would not give me any details, other than "It was fun". They wouldn't even tell me what they ate for their meals. I told them that if they were girls they would be going on and on and on about everything they did and all the cute boys they met and blah, blah, blah. They said they weren't girls. I asked them if they could pretend to be girls for 5 minutes and give me some details. Steve was relieved when I told him they said no, they couldn't pretend to be girls. Not even for 5 minutes.
This is their last night at EFY. They are at their 2nd dance of the week right now. They both did tell me they were very excited for the dance tonight. I am so glad that Zac was able to have this opportunity to go to EFY. I know what EFY did for me and my Testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. From listening to the few tidbits Zac has provided me with, I know that his Testimony is being strengthened as well. I am so grateful for my dear parents who I know must have sacrificed to send me to EFY for 4 years (no Stay At Home in Texas). Even during those years when they had multiple children attending.
Oh, and PS: There is no need to comment on the bang situation in the first picture. I am well aware.
Oh, and PS: There is no need to comment on the bang situation in the first picture. I am well aware.

2 comments:
hehehehe nice hair :)
in the first pic
Post a Comment