Flashback: April's Birthday 2011
April's Surprise 30th Birthday at The Olive Garden
Flashback: April's Birthday 2012
That horrible Nicholas Sparks movie she made me go to. I wore my PJ's for extra sleeping comfort but somehow I managed to stay awake for the whole thing.
Flashforward: April's Birthday 2013
At the Olive Garden, celebrating Ape's Birthday two days early because she has someone better to celebrate her real Birthday with now. We are so original with our choice of restaurants (I won't tell you that our secret society was just there a few weeks before as well). Our waiter is in the picture with us. He was very friendly and had a very long story to tell us every time he came to our table. We had an extra chair at our table and I am really surprised he didn't sit down in it and eat dinner with us. Before we ordered April and I were having one of our usual disagreements and he said something about not fighting. April's mom said, "Oh, that's just what they do." He said, "Oh, you must be sisters." And we were like, "Yeah, pretty much."
After dinner we had to have dessert. It was late so we couldn't go to April's favorite cupcake shop. We didn't have a whole lot of options at that hour so we settled for Krispy Kreme. And guess what? They had no glazed donuts. Yeah, I know. I said something to the guy about that being illegal. The dead silence on the other side of the intercom let me know he didn't find me humorous. If you are wondering why we stick the Birthday girl in the backseat, well, we always stick her in the backseat. It is her fault for being 1/4 the size of the rest of us and for having no phobias involving small spaces.
Yesterday, April's real Birthday. We had a Relief Society thing at the church that morning and I was verbally and emotionally threatened by someone saying she wouldn't show up if there wasn't a celebration. I didn't want to be physically threatened once I got there so I brought a cake. We all just dug in as you can see. Who has time for knives and forks and plates and fancy stuff like that?
I had no way of knowing the kind of kindred spirit I would find when this woman moved in down the street from me three years ago. I feel like I have known her my whole life. And when she is beating me up, then I really feel like I have known her way too long. Happy Birthday April.

1 comment:
AAAWWWWW. Love you schmiddy. What? No thats not a tear!
Post a Comment