Steve and Zac got home from St. Louis just in time to celebrate Christmas Eve. That day my dad and my sister Lauren took all 5 of the older grandchildren to see a movie. Unfortunately they were not able to purchase tickets for the intended time, so they got to wait for an hour for the next one and there were so many people there, they had to wait IN LINE. We will see if that type of outing ever happens again. When they arrived home my father and Lauren were both visibly shaken. I would have been like, "Sorry kids. We can't see a movie today. Lets go rent one and watch it at home."
My dear sister Farrah planned a lovely program for Christmas Eve. She even typed it up and had the kids decorate the handouts with drawings. When she had asked the day before if she could plan a program for that night we all thought that sounded like a mighty fine idea. I didn't know that she had a secret meaning in her asking. Meaning that she was going to PLAN the program and DELEGATE all the tasks out. Like putting me in charge of the acting out of the First Christmas/Manger scene. I had 6 kids to work with. Ages 10, 7, 5, 4, 4, and 1 1/2. And none of them wanted to participate. And let me just tell ya. Oh, it was great. Very spiritual. Thank you Farrah for trying.
Bart and Farrah did plan a special surprise. It was a special guest of honor. My brother Sam. All the way from Mexico City in the form of a giant cardboard cut out. The kids loved it. My mother cried, of course. I think Sam will be hanging out for a while. I can just see my mom sitting at the table with his larger than life self, carrying on a conversation.
It was a very fun time. I don't think we have all been together for Christmas before. I think the last time we were was in 1996, the year of the Christmas I have been featuring in my flashback Fridays. Speaking of which-is today Friday???? Wow. When did that happen? I will have to get right on that....
To see the album click here.
1 comment:
I am loving all of the posts!
Post a Comment