9/11. I had the TV on this morning and the station I was listening to was replaying the broadcast from the morning of September 11, 2001. As I listened to and watched those events being replayed, I was hit with a rush of emotion. Tears came to my eyes. All the feelings that I had on that day, 7 years ago, were present today. What a very sad, scary time for our country. That was before Al Queda and Osama Bin Laden were words that everyday Americans knew how to use in a sentence. Think back. Remember what it was like. On that day. I can remember sitting in my kitchen eating breakfast and watching as newscasters speculated on what happened. Then the realization that came while the world watched as the second plane hit the second tower. And then the horror I felt as I watched both towers fall. Americans were glued to their televisions. Another plane? The pentagon? There are still more planes in the air, unaccounted for? What is going on? Can you remember how you felt?
In just a few months, our country will select a new President to lead us. A man who will stand in front of the world as The President Of The United States Of America. What kind of message will that man send to our enemies and the people who hate us most? To the kind of people who would feel it and honor to give their lives in the shedding of innocent blood.
As you make your decision on who to vote for in November, please think about this. Read about the candidates. Find out about their knowledge and views of foreign policy. Pray that we as individuals and as a country will make the best decision for our future.
May God bless the families of those who lost their lives on September 11th, 2001. And may he bless the families of those who's lives have been lost since then, in service to our country.
9 comments:
To this day, I can't watch anything that has to do with 9/11. I didn't watch any of it yesterday and in fact avoided the television all together.
It is just too heart wrenching and emotional for me. And it makes me physically ill.
I have my own way of remembering and it is the only way I can do it.
I echo your sentiments exactly on voting for president. The one thing I hope is Americans don't vote because of being fearful. I hope people will not be scared into voting for someone.
I do hope they will look at the issues and learn as much as they can. There is SO MUCH MORE at stake for our country than the issue of terrorism.
Well said Allyson. I am blogging while I still have electricity.
I watched this with Caleb and I was surprised by how much I choked up. That was so horrifying.
I'm right there with Farrah, I still cannot watch anything to do with 9/11. I remember being at work talking to a guy that worked in NYC and he called to tell me that he heard a loud noise and didn't know what was going on.
Joey and I were on our way to our English class at UNT together. We stopped in the hallways because they have it up on the monitor. That day will never be forgotten.
Just for the record, I wasn't trying to scare anyone into voting.
And yes, there are PLENTY more issues at stake. This is just the one that I chose to talk about this time.
Thanks for the reminder, what a scary day that was. One of the boys came running up stairs and said a plane hit the twin towers and watched the second one it. Life had to go on, work, school, etc. I remember having to go to work and plugging in a tv and everyone working around it. It was crazy.I hope we never forget.
I remember being at college and hearing about in on the radio in a campus bus-I really had no ides what was going on and it was so scary and frustrating and I don't know...just rough.
Post a Comment