Friday, July 29, 2011

Flashback Friday - Falling x 3

Flashback: July 2007

Provo River Falls

It is one of our family's favorite places. We love hiking through the water and playing in the waterfalls. Unfortunately we only get there about every 2 years. And always in the month of July for some reason. In 2007 we went there with Steve's sister Heather and her family when they were here visiting us. Above: Sierra, Steve, Emily, Austin, Zac


Tyler, Steve, Allyson, Zac.

Oh look. I'm skinny and I'm blonde. What a difference 4 years makes.
(Blogger, I'm about to take you and your editing issues and your incessant desire to put spaces everywhere and I'm gonna do something real bad to you! Because I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!)


Sierra, Aubrey, Steve


Baby Addy and Steve H.



Flashback: July 2009
Aubrey, Emily, Addy, Allyson, Zac and Steve

In 2009 Steve's brother Mike and his family were here visiting us and we took a little trip to the falls. Below: Mike, Asher, Spencer, Sheila and Reagan

Steve and Mike basking in their brotherly love

Goofy Aubrey

(I just had to backspace 300 times to get rid of all the spaces! For reals! At least it let me get rid of the spaces that time.)


Flashforward: July 2011

Addy, Steve, Zac, Aubrey, Emily and Allyson


We were going to go when my whole family was in town visiting but we just ran out of time. Monday (July 25th) was a sort of Holiday around these here parts. July 24th is Pioneer Day. The day when the first Mormon Pioneers entered the Salt Lake Valley. Since we live in Utah and since the holiday fell on the Sabbath, we celebrated the holiday starting on Saturday and continuing straight through to Monday. Steve was able to have the day off from work and the falls were just callin' our names.


Emily decided to submerge herself in the FREEZING water.

This is Aubrey saying, "It's Freezing and I was in it all the way up to here!"

Zac after going down a natural waterslide. Oh Z! I miss you.

He is at Youth Conference right now!

Aubrey

Emily, Steve, Aubrey, Addy and Zac

That evening we found a place to cook dinner over the fire before we headed home.

Side note: The mosquitoes were horrible! HORRIBLE I say! I thought they were bad around our house. HA! We had repellent with deet and we still got eaten alive. You should see Addy's back! On the way down the canyon as we passed the nudist ranch we laughed at the sign that said, "Closed Due To Mosquitoes".

No comments: