Saturday, July 30, 2011

Hey Soul Sister

So I've been sickly for over a week but yesterday I was pretty much on my death bed. Well, OK, thankfully it wasn't THAT bad. It was pretty bad though. I'm still feeling bad today, but nothing compares to yesterday. (♫ Nothing compares. Nothing compares. To you. I went to the doctor and guess what he told me, guess what he told me? He said girl you better try to have fun no matter whatchoo do. But he's a fool. ♫) And I digress.

Anyhoo...

I have found that with my sick voice, I am one mean soul singing machine. Hello! So I've been taking great delight and pleasure in my new soulful sound. I've been doing my own rendition of "Let It Be" over and over again. It's pretty awesome. Now that I remembered the song I just sang above, that I haven't heard in years, I'm singing it. Shoot. I'm givin' Sinead a run for her money, honey.

I reminded myself of Phoebe when she had her sick voice and she was delighting in her singing. Not because I sound like her. Psssht. I'm way better. But I'm just as pleased with my sickness as she was.


I also remind myself of this:


If you are reading this in Facebook, click here to see the video.

No comments: