Thursday, May 3, 2012

To Me, Zac Efron Will Always Be A Boy With A Basketball Trying To Get His Head In The Game




Last Wednesday, April 25th,  was my dear friend April's Birthday.  Lori and I (the 2 responsible ones in this gang) had way too much going on that night to take her out.  So instead we took her out for froyo that afternoon.  We picked April up and then picked Gimpy up (Allison is still in a cast and on crutches-when she isn't on her awesome scooter-from our little skate night incident) and made our way to our local Frozen Yogurt joint.  It wouldn't be a true gang meeting if  the police weren't involved, so we made a quick call (using speed dial of course) to dispatch to alert them to the scary homeless looking man walking through the hood.  After we got our cop fix, we were on our way.

April kept trying to talk Lori and I into going to a movie with her and Al.  At one point she challenged me to an arm wrestling match.  The conversation went like this. *(at least this is how I remember it)

April: Yo.  We arm wrestle.  You win, you don't have to go to the movie.  I win, you have to go.

Me: Yeah, I'm not gonna arm wrestle you.  After that time you took me down in Relief Society and I found out how freakishly strong your skinny little self is.

Allison: Oh yes!  Your fight in Relief Society!

Lori: What?!?  You were fighting in Relief Society???  Why?

April: I wanted to show everyone who the real leader of this gang is.

Allison: You were flexing your Alpha muscles.

Me: I'm still not arm wrestling you.  And I'm not going to the movie.

April and Allison: But Zac Efron...blah blah blah...he's so hot...blah blah blah...(and many other things women of their age should not be saying about an eternal high school student)

Somehow they were able to convince Lori and I into ditching our responsibilities for the evening.  The two of them went to dinner, the two of us went home to attend to things so we could leave later for the movie. At some point in the evening, I texted them and told them I was changing into my pajamas and taking out my contacts and I hoped they didn't mind being seen in public with me like that.  So here I am all nasty and dressed in pajamas and Lori comes to pick me up.  Now, I was just with this woman a few hours before and I saw how she was dressed.  When she picked me up she had not only tied this cute scarf around her neck, but she had also changed into heels.  I can't say for sure or not, but she might have added the earrings as well.  Oh well, she was cuter in the movie, but I was much more comfortable.

OK, I still don't even know what this movie was called, but it sucked.   Big time.  We sat down in the theater and the movie started and Allison leaned over and asked me if I had read the book.  I knew nothing about this movie and asked her what book.  She said it was made from a Nicholas Sparks book.  SAY WHAT???  (insert the sound of a needle scratching across a record and then everything goes silent)  I could not believe they had talked me into going to see, of all things, a Nicholas Sparks movie.  Gag. me. with. a. spoon.  Please.   Anyhoo.  It was awful.  Bad acting.  Overly predictable plot.  (I mean no offence to any N.S. fans who might be reading this, so please don't take any.  It's just not my cup of tea.  And I don't even drink tea!)  I am sure we annoyed the heck out of all the other people in the theater.  In fact, I hope they all asked for their money back.  Not because the movie sucked, but because we were so loud and annoying while we were making fun of it.  I just have to say, I am a good friend.  Two nights before this I went belly dancing with a friend for her birthday, and then I sat through this whole movie with another friend for her birthday.

After the movie was over we were in the parking lot talking and I of course wanted to take a picture because that is just what I do.  We took a couple and they turned out bad so I took one more and we were looking at it and I thought it was a good picture.  But April grabbed the camera out of my hands and said she was going to delete the picture because she looked bad in it.  So then a wrestling match ensued in the dark parking lot in the middle of the night between 4 middle aged women, one of whom was in a cast and on crutches.  I was yelling at April to give me the camera back before she breaks it because it is brand new and because people break my cameras about every 6 months and my 6 months with that camera weren't up yet.  She was yelling that she wasn't going to give it back until she deleted the picture because she knew it would end up on facebook.  Lori was yelling saying that if it did end up on facebook, it wouldn't be the worst picture of her that ended up there.  And Allison was yelling that April was going to break her other ankle.  Finally we were able to take a picture that the queen birthday girl approved.  It was a fun night, and just like I was glad my friend Alicia talked me into going belly dancing with her, I was glad April talked me into seeing a Nicholas Sparks movie with her.  A gal couldn't ask for better friends.  (ahhh...that was almost just as sappy as a Sparks book)

PS: I AM the leader of P8!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This account of the evening is almost exactly as I remember it . . . aahh good times!

Lori

Unknown said...

Allyson.....you need to write for a newspaper. You are frickin hilarious!!.....good thing you have idiot friends that give you all the material in the world to write funny things! You may not be the head of this gang, but you are a dang good writer!