Thursday, December 13, 2012

A 12 To The Third Power Kinda Birthday

Yesterday was my Birthday!  It was an awesome date to have a birthday on.  12/12/12.  It was a fun fun day!  It started the night before when these lovely ladies pictured above took me out to the Olive Garden for dinner.  We had fun and we stayed out long enough for them to sing Happy Birthday to me on my actual Birthday.

Anyone who knows April will know that in this picture she is saying, "I'll Take You Down".

And here she is actually trying to take me down.

I had the luxury of sleeping in the next morning, which was delightful.  My dear sweet Emily set her alarm and woke up extra early.  She woke her sisters up and they made me breakfast in bed and made all the school/work lunches so I didn't have to.  I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed have the morning off from lunch making duty.

Later that day these lovely ladies took me to lunch at Pei Wei.  

I have the privilege of serving in the Relief Society Presidency with them.  It was nice to go out to lunch and just talk about plain old regular stuff and not have to be so serious.  Because as you can see from the picture below, our presidency meetings are always very serious.

On the way home Jamie made us go run all her errands with her.  We stopped at the grocery store for hamburger meat for her stuffed peppers she was making for dinner.  We also stopped by the bakery and ate all their bear claw samples.  

After lunch Alicia, the Relief Society president, sent me a lovely text.  I really want to post it here but I won't because I don't want her to get fired from her job.  But I just want the world to know that she is very mean to me sometimes.  She likes to make everyone think that I am the one persecuting her, when really it is the other way around.

This was my fortune I found in my fortune cookie after lunch.

I had told Steve earlier that morning that I wanted to go out to dinner with him and the kids that night and come home and watch a movie.  Unfortunately he got stuck working late in Logan so the kids and I were on our own.  I was still stuffed from my lunch and the kids were starving.  So we got take out and ate Sticky Fingers from Wingers for dinner.


Then Steve came home and put the kids in bed and we turned on The Bourne Legacy.  True to form, I fell asleep about halfway through.  I finished it this morning.  I must say I think it ruined Jason Bourne for me.  Because now I know that he isn't just Jason Bourne.  He is Jason Bourne all doped up.  And man.  Could there have been a longer motorcycle chase scene?  There are two things I tune out in movies.  Fight scenes and chase scenes.  I don't tune them out on purpose.  I just realize part way through it that I am not even paying attention.  So for about 30 minutes in that movie I was totally somewhere else.

It was a fabulous day.  I love love love love love all the people involved.  Thank you all for making me feel so special.  And here's to my last year in my 30's!

No comments: