Christmas Eve
We started Christmas Eve morning off Hobbit style.
That evening my mom and sister Lauren came over for dinner. My mom made a delicious sweet pork taco dinner. We ate and played games.
And took pictures.
And more pictures...
Then we had our Christmas Eve program. Zac read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas.
Emily and Aubrey played a duet on the flute and the ipad piano.
Then Emily played a Christmas medley on her flute.
My mom shared some Christmas memories with us from when she was growing up.
Then Steve read from the scriptures as the kids acted out the birth of Christ.
Here is Mary after the angel to her she would have a baby.
The shepherd watching over her flock by night.
The entire cast.
Lauren signed Silent Night while we all sang.
Then we opened our Christmas PJs and got all cozy. My mom and Lauren gave the kids these awesome pillows that light up.
Christmas Morning
Above: The kids trying out their new stuff. Below: Lauren and my mom came over for Christmas dinner. The girls played Just Dance 4.
Eating our gingerbread houses. So much for all that hard work.
This is a big old cake. I'm just sayin'. It was good.
We still have some if you want to come over for a slice. Or two.
I think one of the favorite presents for the girls is this Lego Lord of the Rings game. I had never heard of it and didn't plan on buying it, but when I was at the store I heard a lot of people talking about it and they were all buying it and I buckled under the peer pressure and bought it too. Emily and Aubrey finished the whole game in two days.
This is one of my favorite presents I bought. Emily loves the "Keep Calm" thing and the whole mustache craze that has taken teenagers by storm. So when I saw this shirt I knew she had to have it. And the pants. I love the pants. I don't get out much. So imagine my surprise when I went to the mall for the first time in like a year and found all these floral pants that I would have worn when I was Emily's age.
Our Christmas was wonderful. It was a time to spend with those we love the most. And a time to reflect on our Savior and greatest gift that He has given us. How thankful I am for my testimony of Jesus Christ. I know that He lives. I know that he loves me. I know that he died for me. I know that through the gospel of Jesus Christ that is restored on the earth today, that my family has the potential to be together forever. What a great blessing the gospel of Christ is in my life. I can't imagine life with out it. I can't imagine raising my children in this world today with out it.
Steve and I had some fun things planned for the week between Christmas and New Years. But 3 out of our 4 children have been sick. I was a little disappointed at first, but this has turned out to be such a nice week. It has been just our family and we have all been at home together. Steve hasn't had to work. We have stayed in our pajamas most days (I really should peel the Christmas PJs off everyone and run them through a wash cycle). It really has been lovely just spending time together with nothing pressing to do, nothing to worry about.
No comments:
Post a Comment