Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Backupless
The only game show I have ever seriously considered applying to go on is "Don't Forget The Lyrics". That game show was made for me. I have had 100 people tell me I should go on it. Emily watches it with me sometimes and she begs me every time to go on it because she KNOWS I could will a million dollars (she also thinks I could be the next American Idol so she might be slightly biased)(you gotta love children and their ever devoted loyalty). Zac came in the room one night when Emily and I were watching it. He asked what the show was about. We told him to just watch and he would figure it out. He watched it for a few minutes and then when he got the gist of what was happening his eyes got really big and he turned and looked at me and said, "Mom! You have got to go on that show! You know every song in the whole world!". Once again, you gotta love 'em. What my children don't know is that I do know every song in the whole world, I just sometimes- OK- a majority of the time, substitute my own special lyrics in place of the actual ones. However, I think I could go on and make some fairly decent moolah.
Last night I was watching a recording from last week's episode of "Don't Forget The Lyrics" and I had a very sad realization. You can take 2 people on the show with you to act as a backup if you need help. I have had my 2 people picked out for a long time. I had planned on taking Steve and my dad. Because they actually know the right words in the the songs I don't. And the songs that Steve doesn't know, my dad would know and visa versa. I realized last night that that just isn't going to work any more. I don't know what to do now. Hummph. There goes my million dollars.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I say you go and do it...your Dad would get a kick out of it!
Go all the way baby!
Darn it dad! Why did you have to leave us?
Post a Comment