Life around here has been coo coo ca choo CRAZY. It's the end of summer, squeeze everything you meant to do all summer long into the last two weeks rush. Personally, I don't think we're gonna get it all in. We are on the final countdown. One week from today all our lives will be forever changed. Well, at least for the next nine months until we start the summer all over again. I really don't know where the time has gone. We have been busy all summer long, but still, I don't think I have done half of the things I had planned on doing.
One thing I haven't done much of is blog posting. I am so behind, I don't even know where to start. So since it's Monday, I figured why not start with Monday Morning Musings? Here it goes.
We went camping over the weekend. I had the pleasure of driving one truck with the trailer and ATV's attached and Steve drove his truck with the camper attached. The girls rode with Steve (I'm so glad he had the opportunity to bond with his girls that way) and Zac rode with me. Poor Zac. I annoyed the you know what outta him. I am not a good long distance driver. Put me behind a wheel for more than 30 minutes and I have this deep and sudden urge to doze off. So I have to do certain things to keep myself awake. Like singing at the top of my lungs. Out of all my children, my singing annoys Z the most. So you can guess how much fun that drive was. For both of us. He kept changing the radio station to songs I don't know. How am I supposed to sing along to songs I don't know? At one point he looked at me and said, "I wish I could just turn you off like a radio." For rudeness!
When we pulled into camp on Friday, the last song on the radio was the Taylor Swift song that goes, "You're the reason for the teardrops on my guitar". So the whole time we were setting up camp I kept singing that song and it was annoying everyone. Later that night, we were sitting around the campfire and Zac did something that made me so proud. He might look just like his daddy, but he definitely inherited my song writing abilities. I started singing that part of the song again and he busted out with his own version. "You're the reason for the deer droppings in my yard." That's my boy!
Last Thursday, I went with a group of ladies from my neighborhood to see the movie The Help. Most of us had read the book and loved it and were just waiting for the movie to come out. After it was over I came home and I was talking to my kids and I was talkin' in mah southeren ackcent. It was annoying my kids (it seems like everything I do annoys my kids, now doesn't it?) Zac looked at me and said, "STOP TALKING LIKE THAT!!!" And I said, "I ahm frum Teck-sas. I ahm allowhed ta tawlk lihke thawt if ah wont tuh!" And then he said, "What did they talk like that in The Help?" Dang it! How did he figure me out!?!
Last week was Zac's week to do the dishes. One day when I told him to go and do the dishes, he said, "Give me another job to do. I'm not going to do the dishes. That's women's work!" I should have smacked him, but all I could do was laugh because he sounded just like my dad when he said that.
No comments:
Post a Comment