Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Monday Morning Musings - Who Do You Think You Are?

Monday Morning Musings on a Tuesday Afternoon. Hey, I meant to muse all day yesterday. However my yesterday was not all that I envisioned it to be. It was a good day. It was just an exhausting day. First day of school! Back to School Morning which lasted for forever. Breakfast with friends. By the time I got home I was literally home for 20 minutes before I had to leave to pick the girls up from school since they insist on having early out day for the first day of school in this district. I do not understand it in any way and if someone would like to explain it to me, I would love to hear the explanation. Because I have my own theories. Mother torture. I mean, what else would it be? Get the moms all excited for the first day of school and BAM! As soon as they get home with all their plans of cleaning out all the summer clutter from their home and putting things back in order - you make them turn around and come pick the kids up. And I am so smart. I decided I wanted to walk to pick the girls up. I think yesterday might have been our hottest day ever this summer. By the time we made it back home we were all half dead. It left me with absolutely no energy for the rest of the day. But there is no rest for the weary or the heat stroked. There were a bajillion papers to read and fill out and sign. And homework. And organizing notebooks and backpacks. And dinner. And family home evening. And trying to get kids to bed at a decent hour. And the most disgusting messy kitchen that I could not in any good conscience leave for morning. I HAD to clean it before I went to bed. I sound like I'm complaining, don't I? I'm really not. Yesterday wasn't a bad day. I don't mind all the things that happened, except the heat stroke. But I'm just sayin'. It was a full, busy day yesterday. Which would explain why I'm just gettin' around to musing today.

I do have to say this one more thing about yesterday. Because it kinda added to the longevity and tiredness of the day. So we had Family Home Evening. We had a lesson. We sang songs. We read scriptures. And then we needed a treat, right? Well earlier I had talked Steve into going for snow cones. Which is a big deal. Really. When he gets home from work, he likes to stay home. He isn't a big dessert person. And I don't think he has ever been to a snow shack in his whole life. I was so excited, and after suffering my heat stroke, a snow cone was just what the doctor ordered. So we get there. It's closed. I was so mad. I wanted that snow cone like I have never before wanted anything else. Across the street was a convince store. So we say, let's go there and get a slurpee. We get there, drag all 6 of us into the store. None of the slurpees were frozen. They have frozen yogurt there, so we say, let's get that. No cones or cups left in the store at all. Really? It's like the dessert gods were conspiring against us. So we loaded into the car again and made our way to the grocery store down the street. We let everyone pick out a package of frozen treats and took them home to eat them. Oh well. I guess it was for the best seeing as how we needed milk and, hey, we were in the grocery store so we bought some of that too. And all the boxes of treats probably cost as much as buying 6 snow cones would have and now we have frozen refreshment for the rest of the week.

So my kids have this thing with my phone. They CAN'T LEAVE IT ALONE. I never know when my phone is ringing because I don't recognize my ring tone because my ring tone changes on a daily basis. Addy is constantly calling and sending texts to random people. She is also really good at deleting contacts. And now, do you know what they have done? They have turned on some voice thing. My phone now says everything it does. I plug it in and a voice says, "Charging!" I go to my contacts, "Contact list!" I go to send a text, "H-o-w-space-a-r-e-space-y-o-u-space-t-o-d-a-y-question mark. Sending message." (I really says space when I type a space) Before my lovely, calming 'voice of nature' ring tone I have set as my alarm clock goes off in the morning I hear, "Alarm!" And I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO TURN IT OFF!!!! AND IT'S MAKING ME CRAZY!!!!! Somebody please help me! PLEASE!

I have a feeling that the person who turned this evil voice option on is the same person who added a new contact, "A Smelly Fart". And this same person takes great pleasure in going to my contacts, going down to this particular contact and making it say, "A Smelly Fart" over and over again until it runs my battery down.

The other day, I had been outside and when I came back in I sat down. Addy came over and sat on my lap. I said, "I'm so hot." Now, remember, Addy is a four year old and whenever she hears someone say anything about a person being hot, it is usually her sisters talking about how a boy looks. So I said, "I'm so hot", meaning I was hot temperature wise. She looked at me with a look that said, 'Are you crazy woman!' and then she said, "WHAT? Who do you think you are?" Thanks for the self esteem boost Addycakes.

I've said it before and here I am to say it again. My dear, loving husband works harder than anyone I know. He has been working such long hours lately. He works long hours all the time, but usually not for days in a row. I was really worried about him last week. He worked four 18 hour days in a row. He would get up early and leave for work and work all day long (hard exhausting back breaking work) and then get home anywhere between one and four in the morning. Poor boy. Thankfully he did survive last week.

So it has been 3 1/2 years since we have lived in our house. And for 3 1/2 years, our living room has been empty. Except for the chair I bought last march that has been sitting in there all by its lonesome. Well, it is alone no longer! We had a party here a few weeks ago (still need to do that post). And we moved all the furniture out of our kitchen/family room and put it temporarily in the living room so we could have more room in the kitchen. Well guess what? We have decided that we love having furniture in our living room more than in our kitchen! And it gives such a different feel to our house when you walk in the front door. So it is staying put. Until we can afford to buy the actual kind of furniture for the living room that we want. This is in no way the way I would choose to decorate this room, but for the time being, it works. Except for the kids who now have to sit on hard chairs in the kitchen to watch TV or play video games. They keep begging us to move the furniture back. So sorry kids! It's staying right where it is!


No comments: