Thursday, November 29, 2012

Addy Turns Six

Yesterday my baby girl turned 6 years old!  She came into our lives as a sweet surprise and has kept on surprising us ever since.  She is the cutest, funniest, craziest, goofiest, sweetest 6 year old I know.

This video is how we announced our surprise to our family and friends:



I woke up with a purpose the morning of  November 28th, 2006.  My purpose was to get Zac and Em off to school, take Aubrey to preschool and then get all my Christmas shopping done.  Addy was due in 4 days and I wanted to have Christmas all ready before she got here.  I had made a plan of what stores I need to hit and in what order and I had a list for each store of what I needed to buy there.  I was so busy trying to get ready to go that I failed to notice that I was in labor.  By the time I realized it I didn't have much time to get to the hospital.  There were several times in the car that I really thought Steve was going to have to deliver this baby on the side of the road.  We didn't find out with any of our kids what they were going to be in advance.  We like the surprise.  We were so happy when she was born and we added another sweet girl to our family.  Click here to read my very first blog post ever which happens to be about her birth.

A few months after she was born, she made her first of what would become many, many visits to the hospital.  She had RSV and had to spend a few days in the hospital.  Six years later, whenever something happens to her she says things like this, "*sigh* I don't want to have to go to the hospital again!" 

Addy in her blessing dress


After numerous posts on my blog like this one where she got this thing stuck on her head, people began referring to her as "Monster Baby".  The nickname stuck for a few years.  I must say, she was the sweetest little monster baby ever.



Addy has a very special bond with these two ladies.  Her Auntie La La and Grandma.  They are two of her very most favorite people in the whole world.





Happy Birthday my CRAZY Addy Girl!

No comments: