My baby brother (there is a 13 1/2 year difference in our ages) became a father in the wee hours of this crazy morn. Little Alaina Nicole was born at 3:44 AM weighing 7lb 3oz. Isn't she just precious. I wish I could hold her in my arms. Sam and Teresa, why did you have to up and move to Ohio? Until just this past summer they have been living in Idaho, attending BYUI. Our family loved having them so close. And now they have this sweet precious baby girl and they live half way across the country.
Last week Addy was telling me something we could do to get a lot of money. I can't remember the details now, but she was so excited about her plan. She said, "And then, once we have all of that money, do you know what we can do???" And I said, "Go to Disneyland?" She looked at me like I was crazy and replied, "NO! WE CAN GO TO O-HI-O". My children are very upset with me because I will not buy us all plane tickets to go to Ohio for Thanksgiving. They are all very anxious to meet their new cousin.
Little baby Alaina decided to wait until her parents had a chance to vote yesterday before she started to make her appearance. It wasn't long after they voted that they were on their way to the hospital. Yesterday was an anxious day for me. Waiting, waiting, waiting. Waiting to see who would be our next President and waiting for Alaina to come. I went to bed late last night knowing who the President was, but still not being able to see this sweet face. It was nice to wake up to it this morning.
Her birth came at the perfect time. She is a great reminder to me that no matter what, life and love and hope are eternal.



No comments:
Post a Comment