IT'S TRUE! This very post right here in front you you is....drum roll please....My 900th post! Get outta town Charlie Brown!!! I started this humble blog on December 10th, 2006 as a way to show all of our out of state family pictures of Addison after she was born. At the time, I had no idea what a blog was. And here we sit, 900 posts later. I think I pretty much have the whole blog thing figured out now.
The following are just a few ways my blog has change my life and the lives of those around me. First, it has become a huge part of our family history. There have been so many times I have had a question about something or needed to know the date of a certain event or details that I had long ago forgotten. This blog has come in handy many many times for this. Like that one time when I celebrated Addy's birthday on the wrong date and couldn't remember the correct one. A fact my children still like to bring up. On a regular basis. If it wasn't for this dang blog, they probably would have forgotten that by now.
I hear this on a regular basis, "MOM! Take a picture of me doing this and then do a blog post about it. You can call it...."
My family hears this on a regular basis, "WAIT! No one move. I have to get my camera so I can do a blog post!"
My friends regularly say this, "This better NOT end up on your blog!"
This blog is a fact checker. Just the other day Zac and I were having an argument about the way something happened. I very smartly said to him, "You are wrong and I can prove it because I did a blog post about it!" Turns out..I was the one who was wrong. But that is totally beside the point.
Small day to day pieces of our lives that would totally have been forgotten are now recorded. In black and white. For all the world to see. And just how many of you have seen it? Since I started keeping stats on my blog, which was about 4 months after my first post, I have had 39,544 visits. And 4,418 of those have been unique visitors. I don't even think I know close to 4,418 people! So that would leave me to wonder...WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE???
A while back, Blogger started keeping track of how many views each post gets. You wanna know which post of mine has received the most views, by a long shot? "The Night I Went Belly Dancing". Really people? Really. That post wasn't as exciting as you thought it would be, now was it?
To celebrate this great feat of 900 posts, here are some links to some memorable posts over the years:
The one where I went to Walgreens: The Walgreens Chronicles
The one where I swore a lot: Mind Your Own D*** Business
The one with the mouse in the house: Warning: Don't Pee In The Dark
The one with the best vacation ever: What I Did On My Summer Vacation
The one with the grumpy old man: The Psychological Effects of the Duck Hunt on a Slightly Crazy Lady
900 posts and counting! 900 posts and counting...

3 comments:
Congratulation Allyson. That is quite a feat! I was just telling Shauna we need to start a Family Journal. and This Post has inspired me.
Allyson - You know I've always told you what a great writer you are...start writing novels - I'm sure you could get paid for this great talent.
Allyson - You know I've always told you what a great writer you are...start writing novels - I'm sure you could get paid for this great talent.
Post a Comment