
I think that most days answered prayers go by unnoticed. But every once in a while something happens to make you sit up and take notice and realize how blessed you really are.
Yesterday morning we were saying family prayer just like we do any other day. Zac was saying it. It was a pretty quick, to the point, let's eat breakfast now kind of prayer except for one thing. Right at the end of his prayer he said please bless dad while he is at work today that he will be safe. He didn't ask a blessing that anyone else be safe and I thought, hum...And then I went right along with my day and forgot all about it.
Yesterday afternoon Steve was working at our new house. He was up on the roof stapling plastic down. He was working really fast moving down the roof, spreading out plastic and stapling it. He would staple, back up, staple, back up. Well he went to back up and almost backed right off the edge of the roof but he was able to catch himself before that happened. Immediately the thought came into his head, "Your son prayed for you this morning".
Wow. It was a reminder to me that prayer really is important. Sometimes we don't have that much to pray about and prayers might seem, I don't know, like they get monotonous. Or rote. I'm not sure what word I am looking for. But we never know. How many time have we almost "fallen off a roof" and not realized it, but were spared because someone prayed for us that day? It also made me think about the power of a child's prayer.
I am very thankful for a Heavenly Father who loves me and my children. A Heavenly Father who hears and answers our prayers. It reminds me of Emily's favorite Primary song:
3 comments:
This was so very sweet. I have been very blubbery lately and as I read the words to the song I got all choked up. I too am grateful He hears and answers prayers.
sweet. thanks ally.
Thanks, we all need the reminder.
Post a Comment