Monday, February 4, 2008

Monday Morning Musings - Order Up!


It was a little disturbing to open my e-mail today and have an e-mail from my dad in my in box.

Have you ever wondered why when popcorn pops, and if you let it pop just a few seconds too long, the whole bag of popcorn gets burned, but the first few kernels that pop can stay in the bag for several minutes while the rest is popping and it is just fine. Why don't they burn? I'm losing sleep.

Does it bug you that when you go to a fast food joint (my saying joint made me laugh out loud) (so nice I can so easily amuse myself) nowadays you have to ask for ketchup or they won't give it to you because they are trying to conserve, but then when you ask for ketchup for the one order of fries you have they give you 63 packets? Can there be no middle ground?

I have this thing that I don't fully understand. But sometimes I miss being a waitress. Why? Couldn't tell ya. So on Friday Steve and I ordered take out from Chili’s and I went to go pick it up. I was waiting inside and I had a full view of the kitchen area. They were in the thick of the Friday night rush and everyone was running around and people were yelling that they needed their order and yelling that things were messed up and I wanted so bad to be back there, yelling for my baby back ribs for table number 8 who have been waiting for forever. Thankfully I have a voice of reason within me that knows full well that if I ever did take a job as a waitress again, I would enjoy it for all of, umm, 1/2 a shift, and then I would be done. I will just stay at home and do my laundry and clean my kitchen and read to my children and be thankful.

Addison has been sick pretty much all winter and, well, it's still winter. Sigh.....


Is anyone else having problems getting spell check to work in blogger? It is really making me mad.

10 comments:

diana said...

I hate Chilis to go, they always screw up my order!!!

Megan said...

I'm having spell check issues too.

I'm thinking next year, my kids need flu shots. They had them last year and this year I feel like they too have been sick ALL winter. Hope yours gets better soon!

Clinesville said...

me too on the spell check.
sorry about the sick kido.

Anonymous said...

i've been having spell check problems too!

Ashley said...

My spell check is a no go! Sometimes I miss waiting tables. It is the only job I had where everyone worked together and really bonded. I still have nightmares of being weeded on fri, sat night, or holiday. I usually wake up sweating. Why do people blame the server when it is usually the kitchen?? I guess I will never know.

Alicia said...

I still have the waitresses nightmares too! And I think I would be a better server than most of them that are out there now! Don't you all feel like that?

Spell check stinks here too, now you all know how dumb I am.

I also have the same problem with dipping sauces and chicken nuggets.

I got the flu shot for me and the kids- so we haven't got the flu but we have had the COLD for the whole winter season. We just keep passing it around. Oh well. Last year we did get the shot and we got the flu. So what do you do?

Alicia said...

Last year we didn't get the shot.

Allyson said...

I am totally against the flu shot. I weird that way though. I don't even like to take something for a headache unless I am about to die. Besides almost everyone who tells me they got it, also got the flu. We never get the flu, just colds. Everyone woke up sick today, including me!

Every once in a while I have the waitress dream too. I am glad to know it's not just me.

Anonymous said...

Happy Monday even though it is no longer monday.

yeah. i just have nothing to say.

Marissa said...

I was never a waitress, but I was a hostess for a summer- I know so lame, but I couldn't serve at Chili's because I wasn't 21. But, nevertheless, I understand. Oh I need that bathtub-seriously!