Disclaimer: This is not my child, or any child that I know. This picture was found on the internet.
So, it's like this. I finally decided to buy Addison a new car seat. I know, it's about time. She is still 2 pounds underweight to be forward facing but I figure I feed her a lot of candy this week and she will be fine. I could not believe how easy it was to install her car seat. Five minutes. Five minutes to open the box, take the seat out, install it in my van, adjust the shoulder straps to the right height, adjust the tension in the strap, tighten the seat down. FIVE MINUTES. I didn't have to take the seat apart to adjust the shoulder straps. If she is wearing a coat, pshhhh...no big thang. Two second adjustment. HELLO!!! If you are a new mother let me just tell ya how easy you have it. Life and car seats were not always like this. When Zac was a baby it would take me 30 freakin' minutes to install the car seat and make sure it was in ok and put the locking clip in place and then heaven forbid I would have to adjust anything. You had to take the whole dang seat apart. And once I got that sucker in, ain't no way I was takin' it out and movin' it to another car. They have improved over the years but even 5 years ago when Aubrey was a baby, that was my last time dealing with a car seat, they still took some work, honey. Five minutes. I am so excited. It's like hummmm, let's put your coat on. Oh, look, I don't have to squeeze the life out of you to do up your car seat I just push this little magic button right heara and you can breath. I'm lookin' for excuses to go somewhere so I can put her in the seat. Sometimes I put her in a coat, sometimes in a jacket, sometimes in just her clothes. I vary it up so that I can adjust the straps every time I put her in. Who knew a car seat could bring so much joy and entertainment to my life?
11 comments:
I know, car seats are so easy now, especially if you have a latch system in your car. On mine, I don't even have to use the selt belt.
I know, me either, it is so nice.
Ain't life great!
My niece lived with us for the first two years of her life. I remember her car seat being a big pain. My car seats are about four years old. Since my kids are so close we just pass em down. After Emie is about 5 we will consider having more kids. I will probably get rid of everything we have as she gets bigger becuase you really never know. I can't wait to see the improvements they make by then.
I am (was) reading Glass Castle. I was more than half way through and I left my book on the plane last weekend. It's a smooth, quick read, but kinda sad.
I can't look at that pic!
Ashley, we are reading it for my book club. I am enjoying it. It is sad but it also reminds me of some people to whom I am related. I remember seeing the author on Oprah a while back and hearing her tell her story.
Alicia, when are you going to get a blog. We finally talked Diana into it, now it's your turn.
isn't that a picture of tia?
Ok, it is. I didn't want to get anyone in trouble.
Shoot, I was logged in as Lauren because I was trying to upload a video to her blog.
Honey, was that you, commenting on my blog?
I love, love love new carseats! I don't know how they used to be, but Sydney's first was ridiculously hard. When she needed a bigger one, we decided to buy a nicer one that would last and it is soo much better!
Post a Comment