Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Drats! Foiled Again.

So, I am really sick. Like sick, sick. Like fever, chills and achy sick. Yesterday my body ached so bad that when I put my hand under running water in the sink, it hurt my whole body.


Well, Steve comes home in the middle of the day yesterday to take care of me and help with the kids. He went to vote first. He came home and said there is no line, it will only take a minute, I should go vote. Let me tell ya. I woke up with every intintion to vote yesterday but as the day went on and I was getting worse by the minute, I decided that my vote pretty much wouldn't make much of a difference and it was more important for me to stay in bed.


That's when my evil genius husband planted a brilliant seed of an idea in my head. You see, he was registered as an independent and he was able to choose if he wanted to vote democratic or republican. I still said, "No way! I am too sick. I am staying in bed." But then the more I lay there and the more I thought about it, I just had to get up and get my nasty showerless self dressed and go do my civic duty. So I got my achy body into some clothes, pulled my nappy hair back into a ponytail, went down to Steve's office and said, "Look what you have done to me. You better drive me over to the school to vote before I collapse."
So I went to vote for:


Now right about this moment you are probably thinking, "SAY WHAT??? Am I at the right blog???" Rest assured, you are here, safe and sound.

You see, I woke up with the intent to vote for:

Who is the person I would really like to see sitting at this desk:

However, living where I live, I didn't feel like he would really need my little old vote to win our state. So I thought I would place a vote for the other side.

I figure we endured 8 years of this:

So if need be we could probably endure 8 more.

And this, my friends, scares the absolute living bahookie out of me:

Well, my plan didn't work. I was registered as a republican and they wouldn't let me swing it the other way.

So I voted for :

and grumbled my way back out to the car and told Steve I should have just stayed in bed.

And just so you know, spell check still isn't working and I am too sick to care or do anything about it, just know that I am a horrible speller and deal with any mistakes I made.

6 comments:

Megan said...

Poor Mitt. Utah did do well for him and so did a few others. I knew that we would be a McCain state, since he's from here! Good for you for voting though. Hope you feel better!

diana said...

I hope you feel better!!

Alicia said...

What does it say that I read right through your blog didn't notice any spelling errors? I won't go through it again just in case I don't notice any again. That way I don't feel dumb.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Alicia, you are funny.

I am proud of you for voting and I am so sorry you didn't get to vote for Hillary. What a sad day for you, I'm sure.

But I do want to know why have Obama scares you. Enlighten me! I am not voting for him, but his hope and passion stirs me.

Anonymous said...

i am so very sorry you are sick. You deserve to be well. And I am sorry you couldn't vote for hill. I bet that would have made you feel rebelious.