Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Wednesday Morning Musings - Good Freaking Morning




I have been in a blogging slump the past several days. I think I might be on the verge of getting over it.




I am about to have a nervous breakdown because:




  • I finished my antibiotic for my ear infection yesterday. Right now my ear hurts worse than it did when I went to the doctor. I feel like someone has stuck an ice pick in it. And it is still there.


  • Addison has been waking up at night. When she does that it usually means she has an ear infection. If that is the case it will be ear infection #6 (or #1 that has just never cleared up) for her since November.


  • Addison has the poops. Again.


  • Zac and Aubrey both threw up in the middle of the night last night. They were both kind enough to do it within 5 minutes of each other so Steve and I only had to get up and clean up once.


  • Steve, Emily and I all feel sick. So far we have had no outward manifestation of our illness. But you know when sometimes you feel like that would make you feel a lot better?


  • We have been sick ALL WINTER LONG. No kidding. No exaggerating. ALL FREAKING WINTER LONG.


I really really really really really want winter to be over. I really really really really want to go outside. I want to take my kids to the park. I want to walk my kids to and from school. I want the FREAKING snow to melt and not come back. I want it to be spring.



I just about started to cry when I typed that last part.



I am really mad because my book club meets tonight and I don't think I will be able to go and I loved the book we read.



On a different, more positive note. I am so thankful for my husband and how hard he works so that I can stay home and be a mom to my children. I love you honey!



Will spell check ever freaking work again?

You will have to excuse my language, but that is the kind of FREAKING mood I'm in right now.

9 comments:

Megan said...

Sorry your ear still hurts!! 6 ear infections since November? Have you thought about tubes? Poor baby!! That totally helped Porter. We almost did it with Katie, but I think she's only on #3 this winter. Last winter we were borderline and I was ready to just do it since it worked wonders with Porter.

Ugh - I hope you are all feeling better soon! Sounds like you DO need some sun and some fresh air and play time outside!

Clinesville said...

We've been sick all freaking winter too and it's getting on my last nerves. I hope your family feels better soon.

diana said...

Allyson, you should just move to Texas...it's only winter a couple weeks out of the year.

Alicia said...

I think it funny that you think we need to excuse you for your language. You really have lived up there too long!

Allyson said...

Megan, I know. We probably need tubes. I hope she is just in the habit of waking up at night and not that she really still has an ear infection. Zac had to get tubes when he was around Addison's age. One of the girls, I can't remember if it was Em or Aubrey, had a lot of infections and the dr. said I could get tubes or wait a few weeks (it was close to spring like it is now) and see if she got over it. I think I will probably wait a little longer (we've waited this long) and see if we can avoid surgery.

Coren, thanks, I hope your family gets well too.

Diana, tempting, but no. I'm building my dream home!

Alicia, I know.

Anonymous said...

Sorry you guys are sick!

About the spell check--I noticed on my Mac that spell check wasn't working on Safari. When I tried using FireFox (like internet explorer) it worked perfectly!

Try blogging in a different internet server... see what happens!

Miss you guys!
C

Carrie said...

Allyson, total stranger here... just peeking at your blog. Sorry your sick, a few ideas?? Some unsolicited advice? For pain in your ear try letting a few bits of fresh garlic soak in EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) and put a few drops in your ear. Also, cod liver oil is supose to help with ear infections. A tsp a day. I'm not a homeopathic freak, but my friend swears by these two home remedies. The EVOO is for the pain and the cod liver oil is to help your infection. Her son has chronic ear infections and this is what they do for him. Just a thought.

We've had a horrible winter too. Sick as dogs. I never get sick and we've had strep and the flu both this year. Hope you feel better.

Allyson said...

Carrie, I've peeked at your blog before too. Thanks for the tip. I am all for trying anything (within reason). When I first read your comment I thought you were saying to put the cod liver oil in my ear. I was thinkin, ok, but I am really going to stink with garilc and that in my ear. Then I went back and read it again and figured it out. Thankfully my ear isn't hurting today!

Carrie said...

So sorry to comment again, but yes, my post wasn't very clear... drink the liver oil, drops of EVOO in the painful ear. Just wanted to say, son has an ear infection, too so I asked my peditrician, he said these where good things to try at home, so it has the stamp of a doctor behind it, even for little ones.