Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Wednesday Morning Musings - Take 2


This is what I have decided. I need to embrace it. So that is what I am doing. Embracing. Letting go of all the hate. The negative energy. (deep breath in, deep breath out)


So we're sick. Again. Pshhhh. Big deal. People get sick everyday. Like us. Everyday. We're not dying. We don't have a terminal illness. A degerative disease. (oohhh, big words, no spell check).


Embrace.


Be thankful for the health you have.


I have a new theme song. A little ditty (about jack and diane. two american kids doin' best they can)(gonna let it rock, let it roll. let the bible belt come and save my soul, hold on to 16 as long as you can, changes come around real soon, make us women and men)


That's not my new theme song. I just really love that song and once I start it is really hard to stop (in the name of love).


Apparently I am in a better mood.


Embrace.


Enough, here is my song: "If you can't be in the health you want, honey, love the health your in. Love the health your in."


I am embracing the vomit. I am embracing the poop. I am embracing the countless baths. The loads of nasty as all get out laundry. The 50,000 diapers a day.


I am so thankful I have clean running water to facilitate the clean up. I am thanful I have a washing machine and a dryer. I am thankful I have 50,000 diapers with which to put on my baby. I am thankful that my mother went to the store for me this morning and bought us the things we need to make it through this day.


I am thankful for lysol.


Embrace.


This is gonna be a good day. I can feel it in my bones.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Sorry everyone has been so sick. We finally have had some sunshine up here. I opened every blind (even though it is still cold) and let us soak in the sun. Northern winters stink and my kids are constantly catching crud. I like all the ditties (sp?) in your head. Listening to oldies but goodies definately uplifts my mood. It takes my mind to a happier place.

Kathy said...

We have perfect weather but my kids have been sick also. Why do they go all day long and then in the middle of the night decide to throw up. Weird hu!